What Is LYPA?
LYPA was founded in July 2000 by eight young professionals in Lexington. Their mission was to create an organization that provided emphasis on personal, civic and professional development for local professionals between the ages of 21 – 40. Since this time, LYPA has grown into an organization of hundreds of young professionals in Lexington and the surrounding area.
LYPA grooms the next generation of community leaders while improving the quality of life in the city of Lexington.
How LYPA Helps Our Members Grow Personally And Professionally:
- Improving networking opportunities for our members.
- Retaining young talent within the area.
- Establishing an economic voice for Lexington’s young professionals.
- Creating a more diversified base of social activities.
- Providing philanthropic opportunities for our members.
How Can I Become A Member?
If you are looking to extend your network and grow as an individual with LYPA, all you have to do to join is submit our Become A Member form online and our Membership Committee Chair will contact you concerning questions you may have about the organization.
What Are The Benefits Of Becoming A Member?
LYPA members receive, but are not limited to the following benefits:
- Regular e-mail updates.
- Free league of choice with Lexington Sports & Social Club. Find more details here.
- Invitation to all LYPA-sponsored events, including a members-only benefit and discounted admission (when applicable).
- Monthly social events.
- Networking and professional development events.
- Monthly community service opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in LYPA leadership.
- Opportunities to network with other young professionals.
- Special discounts and benefits offered by local businesses.
Can I Be An Officer Or Serve On A Committee?
LYPA is always looking for new committee members. If you’re interested in learning more about one of our committees, please visit our Committees page and contact one of our committee chairs. LYPA members are always welcome to attend any or all of the monthly committee meetings. If you are interested in serving on the Steering Council, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. You may also find details about each officer position here.
How Can I Help Out In The Community?
LYPA encourages all members to get involved in the local community. Visit our Community Events or Community Volunteer Opportunities pages to find ways to stay connected to the local community outside of LYPA hosted events. LYPA is proud to support the efforts of our community organizations. If you have a community event or announcement you would like to share with our membership, please email our Communcations Chair at email@example.com and for all events, please include the event name, date and brief details.